Wednesday, February 06, 2008










Uncle Ned looking for the toilet (US-washroom).

Denise and I have been guests at three weddings in 2007, Ted and Kate Kenney on 3 March 2007, Viet and Loan Vu on 19 May 2007 and Big Baz and Mary Guest on 30 June 2007. Denise retired on 24 July 2007, then returned to work after giving Cara and Greg’s garden a makeover, then left work again prior to our trip to Thailand in November/December 2007. I will continue working for my Department until my 60th birthday in April 2008 when I expect to retire gracefully before they shoot me.


Photos of the weddings and our Thai trip plus various odds and ends can be accessed through Picasa

http://picasaweb.google.com/barry.mcgloin

Some are also on Webshots

http://community.webshots.com/user/barrymcgloin

Picasa gives the better view – and although Webshots has an attractive ‘inlining’ which slowly zooms in and out, it can reduce the photo and affect the perspective.




I decided to take a break from my radio program ‘Mystery Train’ on community radio Valley FM. This happened mid year and I may think about presenting roots music again on radio following my retirement. I did enjoy the three years’ presenting, and I thank The Listener, particularly Steve and Kirsten and fellow presenters Alex Plegt and Rob Robinson and Station Manager Chris Moy. In the meantime I'm checking out new music from many sources, plus old music which has been lovingly repackaged, and I'm looking forward to the East Coast Blues and Roots Festival at Byron Bay, Easter 2008.

No comments:

  Drowning in Blue “ Ever had one of those moments when you flip down the sunvisor and a huntsman drops into your lap? Guess who I bum...